Edustaff recruits on behalf of it’s clients – education institutions such as schools and universities. We have received some questions around the process this entails so will be summarising the major points for candidates below
- We advertise positions for our clients and encourage candidates to apply on the vacancy link (all our updated posts can be seen on http://www.edustaff.co.za/vacancies)
- We screen all incoming CV’s so there is NO need to email your CV to us
- Should your CV meet the criteria set by our client we will reach out to you for more information
- Edustaff will make use of your CV and additional information requested to build an Edustaff profile that we will forwarded on to the client.
- Should the client wish to interview you they will reach out to us to and an interview will be scheduled
- For the interview it is recommended that you take along certified copies of your supporting documents and be in the reception at least 10 – 15 minutes before your scheduled interview time
- It is important to dress the part and to relax during the interview. Honesty is indeed the best policy so answer all the questions asked of you, be honest and show off your best self.
- Once the client has interviewed candidates it generally takes a good couple of days to get feedback from them
- Should a client wish to make a job offer, one will be presented
- It is important to remember that Edustaff works to promote you as a candidate and will be in the best position to negotiate on your behalf
- No fees are asked of candidates
- Should you be placed at an Institution after introduction by Edustaff, the client will be billed by Edustaff
We have successfully placed a number of candidates and nothing makes us happier matching the right people with the right institution 🙂